The Family Law Firm of St. Louis
A marriage, at its inception, is the bringing together of two people into one legal entity. When the members of a marriage no longer wish to live together, divorce or legal separation are considered in order to “split” that entity. Divorce and legal separation have similar effects in many ways. You live separately. Your finances are separated. Child custody, child support, division of marital assets and debts, and spousal support (called maintenance) can all be ordered by the Court. With so much at stake, it is important that you have qualified legal counsel to protect your rights before, during and after divorce and separation.
You will likely have a multitude of questions when considering divorce or legal separation, such as:
- How long does it take to get divorced?
- What if I can’t locate my spouse to get divorced?
- Will I receive alimony?
- How much of my retirement will my spouse receive?
- Will my spouse have privilege to monies I received in an inheritance?
- What if I believe the other parent isn’t fit to be raising our children?
The Aranda Law Firm can help answer these questions and more, and will help you navigate the ins and outs of all aspects of divorce or a legal separation. Working together, we can maximize your rights while minimizing the stress, strain and uncertainly of your family law issue.